Friday, November 16, 2012

Wohoo its Friday night! Oh wait, I have to work all day Saturday and Sunday! Fun times ahead! My weekends in China are nothing like they were back home. I have to work all day Saturday and Sunday, I am teaching six classes for a total of 12 hours of teaching. Which honestly is not that bad. You also need to factor in the extra two hours I put in parent huddles (showing the parents what the children learned) and clubhouse activities before class. All in all though not too bad. And on Sunday I get a super long break for four hours. That is my time to catch up on and get stuff done!

Today I was teaching children sports. Since I work for an American company we call soccer, soccer. None of this football thing that the rest of the world calls it! Well I was telling the students the sports : baseball, football, soccer, tennis, table tennis, golf,  and basketball. The whole soccer thing really confused them. They were like football, very persistently. It was actually kinda funny. And same thing with table tennis, they were like ping pong. Well those are both technically right but since we are teaching the vocab words soccer and table tennis its not right....I love when things are technically right but because I need to teach them specific words its not.


No comments:

Post a Comment