Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I have been a bit under the weather. So during my break at work I went to the grocery store to buy some bananas and look for ginger ale. (a very impossible thing to find here in China).  I got to the check out and there is always a huge line at the store. Even at 3 in the afternoon. I have never seen a check out line move more slowly. Its my turn to pay and the guy says something to me I don't understand and then he laughs. So thinking he is going to be sneaky he pulls out this fifty from the bottom of the draw that is all crumpled up and taped up. I am like umm no way you are not giving me that nasty bill. I know places that won't take that. So I tell him boo (which is no in Chinese) and he rolls his eyes. Meanwhile I drop 50 cents on the floor. The lady behind me scrambles to pick up the money. Instead of handing me the money she sticks it her purse and smirks.. really its 50 cents...

No comments:

Post a Comment