Saturday, December 22, 2012

Blue Christmas

Ill have a Blue Christmas without you.... That is the holiday theme song for this year I have decided. Christmas is not the same without my family around. Nothing is the same about Christmas this year. The children in China don't even care that Santa Claus is coming. To them its like oh ya Christmas.  China for Christmas blows. Lets just be honest here. The lights and decorations they have here are interesting to say the least. Like what is this... I don't even know.

I saw a Chinese Santa Claus today on the way to work. He literally was super skinny and you could tell the beard was fake. Disappointing. Santa is coming to work tomorrow so hopefully this will be a good Santa. (I know it will be).

That holiday spirit is just not there. Usually this time of year people are saying Merry Christmas and have good cheer. Everyone is usually in a chipper mood. I really haven't seen that here. I have had one parent tell me Merry Christmas. And as for holiday cheer..my learning partners fighting in Chinese three days before Christmas really lightens the mood. To top it off I don't hear nearly enough Christmas music. At home you overwhelmed with it. Here not so much.

I realize I have a lot to be thankful for. And I am. I am thankful for this job at Disney. I am thankful that I have loving friends and family. I am thankful that I am healthy and alive. I am thankful I am able to have this experience in China. So yes does being in China for Christmas suck. Yes it does. But in the long run it will be an experience I won't forget. And it makes me grateful for all my silly family Christmas antics. I miss walking down the stairs in my pjs oldest to youngest at 645 in the morning with traditional Christmas music in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment