Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Garden Expo

Last week I went to the Garden Expo. I mean to write a blog post about it earlier but got busy over the past week!

All over Beijing have been these ads for the Garden Expo. I figured wow it will be great to go and see some green gardens!  So I ventured out to the edge of Beijing to see what I thought would be spectacular gardens. When we first arrived there I was less than impressed. They had little huts they called gardens there were merely gift shops with trinkets from those countries. (most likely made in China)
 Aside from the rest of the Garden Expo was ok. They had themed gardens. Here are some examples.

This is a European Castle with a European garden in the front. I wasn't impressed...
 This is an Arab Palace with a floating garden. The plants were fake.
 After moving away from the international section and getting into the Asian gardens things looked way better. They Expo people clearly knew how to create gardens from areas around China.


This is a Japanese Style garden.
 Random waterfall.
They also had random sculptures depicting they celebrate the world.








Overall the expo was interesting to go to. It was a bit disappointing I was expecting something like the Elizabethan gardens I have seen at home. (haha who was I kidding!)

No comments:

Post a Comment