Tuesday, August 6, 2013

"Natural" History Museum

Today I was going to head out to the YuanmingYuan ruins. However the weather was so nasty today! It was 100 percent humidity and the pollution level was up! So I decided oh I should check out the natural history museum in Beijing.

This museum was a joke. Each exhibit we went to was so fake, there seemed to be no natural. And the signs were all in Chinese so we couldn't tell if the history was accurate or not. (we were guessing not because the signs we did see where so funny and bad...)
 The first exhibit we saw was about five dinosaur bone statues.. They didn't look real at all... And naturally people were  climbing on them, stroking the bones..


The next was the dinosaur land exhibit. Literally it was a bunch of fake dinosaurs that moved a bit. The sign said dinosaur are roaming the basement...


This darling trex was on display for me to see! He was about to eat me...haha
 Next we wanted to find the aquarium. The aquarium contained ugly fish, sharks that I swore were robots, the history of fish. Such as the sign on the left.



There was so many fish in this tank! They weren't moving, they were just floating... It was kinda weird actually...
 There also was an African Exhibit. Apparently all of Africa is in harmony and they are a peace loving area. They also only showcased one tribe! The Massi tribe. They had these freaky African woman statues that looked lifelike.


Another exhibit that I couldn't bring myself to take pictures of was the animal exhibit. It was so freaky. It looked like they just killed a bunch of animals and then stuffed them. The eyes were so freaky, I couldn't take a picture!

They had the showcase of the history of plants. It was just a bunch of fake plants. Lastly we walked into this room which I am not quite sure what it was for. They had a giant statue of this bug attacking things though...

Thankfully this museum was only 10 kuai to get in. I won't go back again because it was so weird. It was a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment